At St Edmund’s we love to welcome new people, whether locals or wherever you are from. You may have noticed our tall red tower if you have been past, but don’t stay outside, because the best things go on inside the church. Each Sunday a diverse group of people meets to engage warmly and openly with God and with one another. If you are looking to visit a church, test the waters of Christianity or join a church, we’d love to meet you.
SUNDAY SERVICES and YOUTH GROUP:
9.30 am is a communion service that aims to be accessible and friendly to all who come. You don’t need to know what to do, it’s fine to come and see what it is like. Families with children are very welcome and there is space for small children to move around and some activities available for them at the back of the church. We plan to develop the children’s ministry during 2021. Almost everyone stays for morning tea in the parish hall after the service, and we hope you will too.
5:00 pm is brand new and is informal in style, with a mix of contemporary and older hymns, played by our bands, and communion monthly. As in the morning, all are welcome. We love to see high schoolers and uni students in the mix at 5pm. We encourage people to stick around to chat over supper after the service.
The St Edmund’s Youth Group meets after the 5pm service each Sunday during school terms. There’s dinner, a game, discussion about the sermon text or some other topic. Youth from year 7 and up are welcome to join in. We finish at 7pm.
We are observing the COVID-19 restrictions, which generally include the following requirements. These may be overridden by more stringent requirements from time to time. Please:
- Do not come to church if you are feeling unwell or have cold or flu symptoms;
- Check in via the SafeWA app, by scanning the QR code displayed at the door of the church and the hall; or sign in on the sheets in the foyer;
- Sanitise your hands upon entry;
- Maintain 1.5 metre distancing; note tape marks on the pews for a guide.
- Only bread will be offered at communion.
- The collection is taken by the box at the back of the church, no bags to be passed.
The Rev’d Ben Underwood
St Edmund’s Anglican Church
54 Pangbourne St, Wembley, WA
08 9387 2287